Professional Teaching Experience
Candler School of Theology, Emory University
ES673: Voices of Nonviolence, Fall 2017
- Designed and taught this elective for graduate students covering exemplars of nonviolent thought and action from Leo Tolstoy to the Movement for Black Lives.
University of Notre Dame
IIPS 93100: Dissertation Writing Seminar, Fall 2017 – Spring 2018
- Co-taught this workshop with George Lopez to aid late stage graduate students in finishing their dissertations, preparing job materials and publishing their work.
THEO20659: Christian Perspectives on War, Peace, and Revolution, Fall 2016
- Designed and taught course that fulfills the second level theology requirement for undergraduates and focused on Christian perspectives on violence from the early church to today. Brought particular attention to contemporary ethical problems and how they are clarified and challenged by engagement with the tradition of Christian moral and political reflection.
THEO20367: Biomedical Ethics, with Gerald McKenny, Professor of Moral Theology, University of Notre Dame, Spring 2015.
- Assisted with this introductory course for pre-medical students, by leading a weekly discussion section, lecturing on the preferential option for the poor and Paul Farmer’s critique of bio-medical ethics, and grading exams.
THEO13183: Foundations of Theology, with Neil Arner, Assistant Professor of Moral Theology, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2014.
- Assisted with this writing intensive introduction to the study of theology with particular attention to the unity of scripture, by grading weekly assignments, lecturing in this course along with Prof. Arner’s graduate level “Ecumenical Ethics,” and editing several major and minor grant applications.
IIPS30101: Introduction to Peace Studies with Atalia Omer, Assistant Professor of Religion, Conflict and Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame, Fall 2013.
- Assisted with this introductory course by grading exams and written assignments, and lecturing and leading class discussion on occasion.
- Awarded the Kaneb Institute for Teaching and Learning’s Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award for service.
Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Notre Dame
- Striving for Excellence in College and University Teaching Certificate, June 2016
- Foundations of Teaching in the Humanities, workshop series, Fall 2015
- “GRED60612: Effective Teaching in the Social Sciences & Humanities” with Prof. George Lopez, June 2013
Department of Theology, University of Notre Dame
- THEO83301: Theological Pedagogoy with Prof. Robert Krieg, Spring 2016
- Teaching Theology Workshops with Prof. Joseph Wawrykow and Prof. Todd Walatka, Fall 2015
Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame
- Teaching Peace in the 21st Century: Summer Institute for Faculty, June 2016